On the south side of Waterford’s Eagle-Hotel stands a life-sized commemoration to the nation’s first President, George Washington, posed in a manner to represent the fulfillment of his first public mission.
The statue of Washington, which was originally unveiled in 1922, previously sat in the middle of town as a patriotic greeting of sorts. It was rededicated on Aug. 27, a century later, with an unveiling in its own revitalized park next to the Eagle Hotel, which was built in 1826. Here are some images from that well-attended event.
Background-wise, in December 1753, Washington arrived in the Waterford/Fort LeBeouf area with notice from the governor of Virginia to the French that they were trespassing on British soil. The statue depicts his arm extended, holding his all-important message to the French.
* Freelance Writer Xtraordinaire
* Producer of 300+ youtube videos
* Cellist and bassist
* Over 4,000 photos on Google maps viewed 300,000,000 times
* Army veteran stationed in Bangkok, Thailand
* Creative director for trainumentary.com and pugrealitytv.com
* Former Advertising Executive, REALTOR, TV Producer, and Majority Inspector of Elections for Millcreek's 5th Ward, Erie County, PA.
Also check out trainumentary.com and pugrealitytv.com
* See her complete video collection at: