We still use this sewing kit from the A & P Store, which was previously owned by a local person who was born in 1912. Gotta love the instructions on how to use a needle threader inside the kit’s shiny red cover.
The building in which the store operated at 825 W. 38th Street in Erie, PA was standing until recently. Not sure where other store locations were in Erie.
“The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company, better known as A&P, was an American chain of grocery stores that operated from 1859 to 2015. From 1915 through 1975, A&P was the largest grocery retailer in the United States (and, until 1965, the largest U.S. retailer of any kind),” according to wikipedia.
* Freelance Writer Xtraordinaire
* Producer of 300+ youtube videos
* Cellist and bassist
* Over 4,000 photos on Google maps viewed 300,000,000 times
* Army veteran stationed in Bangkok, Thailand
* Creative director for trainumentary.com and pugrealitytv.com
* Former Advertising Executive, REALTOR, TV Producer, and Majority Inspector of Elections for Millcreek's 5th Ward, Erie County, PA.
Also check out trainumentary.com and pugrealitytv.com
* See her complete video collection at: